About Me

My photo
A big lover of all types of media, from Movies to Video Games, Books to Music, Television to Stage.

January 6, 2011

Welcome To The Diary

Greetings all.  First, I need to get something off my chest...as you can probably tell by the title of the blog, I am an achievement whore.  This means, in no uncertain terms, that I am one of those people who will do really stupid-tough-insane things in a video game in order to grab those few extra points to add to my Gamerscore.  It is a sickness, one which I nurture regularly, and on these pages I will describe my ongoing attempts to reach for the stars.  I will also be discussing my video game history along the way, and hopefully you'll find some tips and tricks along the way.

For now, a little about me.  I started my gaming lifestyle with the Nintendo Entertainment System, way back in the 80s.  I have had myriad systems through the years, most of which I still own and have in working order, and I am currently looking down the barrel of my 40th birthday.  I have owned popular systems, I have owned popular titles, and I have played them to death.  I currently am in possession of all of the big three:  the 360, the PS3 and the Wii.  I don't play all three each and every day, but all three are in use very regularly.

I also do some gaming on the PC, and am an ex-World Of Warcraft player.  I have suspended my account due to in-game politics and phishing schemes, but am strongly considering returning to the game in the near future.  The latest game expansion, Cataclysm, is only a small part of my wanting to return.  The main reason I left ultimately came down to being in a guild that didn't support its members the way a true guild should, and with all the in-fighting going on, I just chose to hang up my sword and shield for a while.  When I do return, the first thing I will be doing is switching realms, so that I may play with different people on a schedule that more closely suits mine.  More on that in future posts.

So, hopefully this will whet your appetite for more information.  No worries, it will be coming, gradually and in large chunks.  If you have questions or comments, feel free to write me.  You can either comment below, or e-mail me here.  Also, you can follow me on Twitter, here.  I'm also not adverse to giving out help to achieve any and all of the achievements I've gathered, so feel free to request help as well.  You'll have a clearer picture of what exactly I play in the near future, and I will link my 360 Gamercard through the site as well.

For now, happy gaming, and I'll be back soon.  Gamerscore, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment